Wednesday 10 September 2014

Nearly a month

So, nearly a whole month, only another 23 here, doesn't actually sound that many really..

I managed to get lost this evening and missed my turkish class.. and I've only just located the post office, so I will be able to return some postcards soon! For those that sent them, thank you for your lovely postcards, my fridge is now overflowing and I'll need to buy some more magnets this weekend!

School has started well, my class are lovely, and I met the parents today and they seem very supportive. I'm starting to get a pattern for my days, and an idea of what is expected from the school. Im also getting an idea of the perks of private teaching: 15 in my class, emphasis on holistic teaching rather than assessment, oh, and ski trips and trips to space camps and mosques and museums actively encouraged......

This is a view of the Bosphorus from Rumelihisariustu (the Turkish, like the Germans, like to make really long words; this place name means Top (above) the Fortress on the Land of the Romans). At its narrowest point the Bosphorus is only 700m wide, and features 80' turns!


No comments:

Post a Comment