Tuesday 23 September 2014

First dslr photos







Istanbul is a bit mad, but mainly awesome. Its pretty friendly, although having a very British face its mainly friendly if they think they can make some money out of you, not sure its really any different from anywhere else in the world in that way. In fact, Istanbullus are about as considerate as Londoners otherwise!

My class are lovely.  They spontaneously sing on occasion..

I have to admit I'm still adjusting to life out here, I have settled into my own narrow groove for the moment, I think with time I'll feel more at home, but for now I think its ok to live a simple life instead of feeling the need to experience every moment. I live very close to school which is good for stress levels, traffic here is manic, but my neighbourhood is posh/up itself! Think Chelsea but with big outdoor cafes and ice cream parlours and places to brunch. But I'm pretty close to town, and getting around is very easy, and I think the next neighbourhood down is far more liberal and youthful, going to try a friday night out there instead - hope I fit!

Food is pretty good, meze is very tasty, and then there are kebabs,  and kebabs, and kebabs.. but some of the slightly more up market places do things like semi-closed pizzas (pide), and local salads, etc.

Beer is better than I expected. Try to buy 'filtresiz', or unfiltered, to try to minimize the hangover effect..
Looking forward to some ales at home at  christmas though (:


No comments:

Post a Comment