Saturday 16 August 2014

Arrived

Flight was fine, and got through passport control and picked up luggage fairly quickly. I was one of 5 groups arriving yesterday, including a family of 4 with 23 suitcases! Journey into city took forever, traffic was mental, only 15 miles from airport but took 2 hours!

Anyway, I'm getting settled in to my apartment. It's in a fairly modern block (70s?) in the suburb of Etiler. It's also about 5 minutes walk to work which is great! Living room is huge. I have a spare (single) guest bedroom, but the sofas are massive and comfy so there's room for more. Need to get some more bed linen as sheets they provided are like sandpaper.

I'm having a leisurely morning as I'm still on UK time so although it's 10 already, my body is saying its only 8. Going to have an explore of the main street of Etiler, then wander down to the Bosphorus in Bebek.

No comments:

Post a Comment